Tuesday 31 July 2012

Another One Just In Case

The day before my doctors appointment I decided to take yet another test...just in case.

I don't know why, but I just felt like it still wasn't quite sinking in.  Even though I was getting quite bad morning sickness (more like morning & afternoon sickness) & felt very tired, I still worried that I was going to go the doctor and he would put the sonar on my tummy...and it will be empty.  I wonder if other people feel the same way I do before going for their first scan.

I had decided not to waste time and money going for blood tests with my doctor when I could just go straight to my gynea/ OB even though it would only by 2 weeks later.   I would rather waste R79 on a digital test this time.  This one I had to read the instruction leaflet first because I had never done a digital test before.  Also, I thought this will probably be my last pregnancy test ever.  I felt a little sad.

The instructions said it would show results within 5 minutes - sometimes as quick as 30 seconds....so I waited and stared at the little hour glass for what felt like 30 minutes.  Dammit!  Why is it taking so long?? It is either going to read 'Error' or 'Not Pregnant' I just know it.  Nope.  It flashed.  Pregnant 3+.  Cool, I don't have to cancel my appointment for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment