Wednesday 15 August 2012

The Fight about the little bit of obsessiveness

Dad told me that one of his client's wife 'did the whole Genesis thing' and ended up with an emergency c-section after 13 hours of labour.  I immediately got very defensive and said what is that suppose to mean & why is he telling me this.  He said that he just feels that all of a sudden this place is now the next best thing & he doesn't know if it really is the best and safest thing to do.

I got very angry & told him that this will absolutely go my way & I was very upset & said I felt that he doesn't support my feelings and decision (which I know is not true), yada yada yada.  I was carrying on a bit like only I can.

After a moment on my own and cooling down I realised that this was my red flag.  After all the facts I had read and the feeling in my gut I knew that this probably wasn't the safest thing to do but I just didn't want to see it.  I normally get defensive like this when I am making and impulsive & emotional decision.  It never turns out to be the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment